Office 365 Personal Download
Microsoft Office 2016 is available free to faculty, staff and students of the University of South Florida System.
Each individual is allowed installation on up to five devices at a time. It is available for PC and Mac.
*Why should I NOT install Office 2016 through this method?
- Do NOT use this method if this is a USF owned computer. This method is only for personally owned devices.
- Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation is incompatible with standalone Office 2013 applications. During installation if you see a warning “Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016”, the computer has specific version of Visio 2013, InfoPath 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013, or Project 2013 installed. The installation process has to uninstall the programs listed in the warning, and you will NOT be able to install the programs again on the same computer.
- These programs are available as a separate purchase for installation through Microsoft.
To download your copy:
1. Go to https://portal.office.com/Home and enter your @usf.edu, or @health.usf.edu email address if you are in health. Students
should enter their username as email@example.com as well.
2. You will be redirected to the USF NetID Single SignOn page. Login there with your normal credentials.
3. Select the Install Office apps dropdown. This will select the most appropriate option automatically. You are welcome
to select the Other Install options area if you would like to select a different software suite. This site will automatically
download a Setup file to your downloads folder.
4. As instructed in the next image, open the Setup file that you just downloaded,
confirm that you want it to run, and then stay online while it installs.
It will step through the various applications that are included in the Office suite
5. When it is finished, you will find your programs with the rest managed by your
operating system. In Windows 10, for example, you will find them under All apps, accessible from the Windows (Start) menu.